17 August 2009

Game Pieces

This is the first piece that Todd designed for me when I first started the game design process and it is one my favorite. This one is an infantry unit for what would would be the black team. The colors may or of may not be used depending on cost. All of that said all of my favorite pieces for the game thus far have been designed by Todd. He's really good at designing and taking my feable ideas for designs to workable concepts.


My 2nd favorite piece is the armor (or tank) piece. and is equally impressive. It just looks like a mean war machine and it was a great design that Todd came up with in a very short time. It was everythign I would have hoped for and then some.





The 3rd piece on my favorites list is the Air (or airplane) piece and again it was designed by Todd. We actaully used a 3D (FDM) printer to print some of these pieces and this one turned out a little different than it appears here and may, at least to some, look better the way it ended up printing out.
It was also Todd's idea to emprint the name of the game on the sides of all the pieces. I think it's great and am really looking forward to someday having pieces manufactured somewhere. There is no doubt from game pieces I have seen for other games that the detail in these small pieces will be moldable.
I have not come across pieces in any other game that use the training mechanism in any such fashion as these and really think it is a novel idea. Todd and I have discussed this in some detail lately and determined that it should be patented. I need to start looking into that and am positioned well for it since Todd already has several patents in his name while working at Intel. Now it's just a matter of finding the time to make things happen. I still need to work with Christina to start a company.

1 comment:

  1. Fiгѕt of all I ωаnt to say aωesome blog!
    I had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your head before writing. I have had difficulty clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out there. I do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually wasted just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or tips? Cheers!

    Check out my webpage ... nagelpilzmittel gegen Nagelpilz

    ReplyDelete