30 April 2012

Caltrops

I've been looking on the web for concept artists recently to do some artwork for our rulebook and to have items to post on my wall to hopefully help motivate me on to bigger and better things.  Or at least to remind me to stay the course.
As I've been doing so I came across a few artists on DeviantArt.com that I think could do a really good job and I've contacted one in Singapore named Kai (http://ukitakumuki.deviantart.com/) whose artwork I've referenced with a link at the bottom.  I'd like to someday meet him in person during my travels to a supplier in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
Another one I came across didn't have as much in their portfolio as Kai did, but it certainly got my attention and I coudl certainly invision the attached 3 pieces of art as a sort of a real life Caltrop piece if you kind of mixed the three:

They are all from the same artist who can be found at this link http://lucid-grey.deviantart.com/gallery/
Obviously mixing them into something with 3 legs would be a really great representation of the game piece as level one pieces.  For a level 2 piece I would add a large cannon, level three Surface to Air Missiles on its back and then jet propulsion for a level 4 Caltrop.
Any thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. hey, there my robots :D.. haha, weird seeing them here!..i just didi an image search and found this place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved them all and had to share what they meant for me. I'm planning to purchase some of prints. :)
      I hope you're okay with me using them for reference for some game art.

      Delete
    2. That is awesome!, you can use them :D, I'm planing to make an epic short film during my spare time over the next few years.. so ill be updating my deviant art when ever i have something decent :D

      Delete
    3. Awesome! We'll be looking forward to seeing it.

      Delete
  2. Very good info. Lucky me I came across your blog
    by accident (stumbleupon). I have book marked it for later!


    my weblog book of ra download chip online

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a fastidious thought, post is pleasant, thats why i have read it entirely

    Here is my blog post book of ra android boerse

    ReplyDelete